Come join our dynamic and fun team at AK Design Vancouver. We are a friendly and fast-paced interior design firm specializing in luxury high-end residential and boutique developments. We work on an exciting variety of projects, including new developments and collaborations with some of the city's most talented architects. We are a young, social, and passionate studio, who promotes flexibility and design leadership with our team.
We are seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer with min 3+ years professional experience to come join our team. This position involves working with the Lead Designer on all aspects of our interior design projects. Candidates for this position should have strong detailed design and technical skills, forming an ability to produce excellent and accurate drawing packages. The candidate must be a keen and efficient assembler of colour, materials, finishes and furnishing samples for client review.
Excellent verbal & written communication skills are critical.
As our firm is continuing to grow, this is an ideal position for someone who is looking to develop into a Senior/Leadership role.
• Creativity, imagination, and passion for Residential Interior Design
• Completion of Interior Design Degree or similar experience required
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, and Sketchup required
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is required
• Experience in high-end Residential Design is a major asset
• Experience in Commercial Interior Design a plus
• Ability to contribute to creative design conceptualization and build concept presentations
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, with budget-consciousness
• Experience creating complete project working drawings packages (floor plans, RCP, elevations, details, specs)
• Knowledge of interior construction, procedures, and timelines
• Basic knowledge of BC Building Code/how to navigate it
• Knowledge and confidence with appropriate material/product selection and specification
• Excellent organizational skills; takes initiative to further organize projects, design methods, and the office
• Self-disciplined and motivated; capable of working independently
• Interested to lead the design of interior design projects
No remote work. Applicants must be residents of Vancouver, Canada or able to start work here immediately. To be considered, please send us your resume, cover letter and a copy or link to your portfolio.
Instructions to Apply - Please send us your resume, cover letter and portfolio link.
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Options available for full-time employees
Job Types: Full-time
We look forward to your application and apologize in advance if we are unable to respond to all who apply due to busy studio schedules.