Web Design / Development
We are looking for a senior/intermediate web developer to join our team. This developer will work on projects for external clients as well as internal projects. They will lead the developer team, working with designers and project managers to create interactive web solutions for clients, as well as maintaining ongoing web projects.
They will be expected to have the skills to take web projects from PSD to pixel perfect final release. This includes leveraging WordPress to create custom themed websites, developing standalone web tools, QA, and deployment. Their expertise will help inform technical decisions in ongoing and future projects.
We are all about developing creative solutions that we are very proud of -- that means it is visually appealing and engaging, it clearly communicates our client's key messages and successfully meets our client's business objectives. If those are the sorts of things that get you self-motivated, engaged and excited every day, then maybe you're the right team player we are looking for.
You will have a robust commitment to coding and programming excellence, and will know how to connect business objectives with innovative and cleaver online (web and app) solutions. You're kind, friendly, and can work closely with others to collaborate effectively with an a team of producers, strategist, designers and developers to create amazing work that clients are excited about, and users will engage with and want to share.
At Pace Creative, we are focused and passionate about creating valuable creative work that puts our customers' business objectives first, always. It is important for our clients to be successful so that we can grow with them.
We're constantly challenging ourselves to evolve and looking for ways to push ourselves and our projects. To do so, we need an back-end programmer who will bring a consistent level of awesome to our team-centered boutique environment. As one of Vancouver's fastest growing independently-owned full-service communication and marketing agencies, specializing in content marketing, we've built a reputation working with small and large businesses (mainly B2B) in Canada and Worldwide. Top companies turn to us for help with strategy, web, vr, apps, SEO and digital services.
This developer will work in-house on projects for external clients as well as internal projects. He or she will work with the account team, web designers, and graphic designers to create interactive web solutions for clients.
He or she will be expected to have the skills to take web projects from PSD to pixel perfect final release. This includes leveraging WordPress to create custom themed websites, developing standalone web tools, QA, and deployment.
• Lead by example: to inspire the rest of the team, giving precise, clear and honest guidance while helping others produce their best work, on-time and on-budget.
• Set the tone and pace for projects: through compelling PSDs, develop online solutions that are pixel perfect final releases.
• Provide clear direction: to UI/UX designers, producers, and junior developers on your team.
• Keep up with trends and best practices: when it comes to design, UI/UX, coding, testing and website development to ensure you are improving your work consistently.
• Advocate for the role of the developer: across all areas of the company, working with project managers, strategists, marketing, and designers in a team environment, taking ultimate responsibility for all development work of projects that you are in involved in.
• Communicate with clients: both through formal presentations and informal conversations, nurturing shared trust.
• Collaboration: Work closely with the producers and strategist to implement strategies and support the overall growth and health of the development team.
• Develop WordPress-driven websites as well as standalone applications using a variety of languages.
• Estimate project timelines and costs based on non-technical descriptions.
• Contribute insights and ideas and effectively communicate project status/challenges.
• Collaborate with various team members to produce solutions to technical problems.
• Assist junior developer(s) to complete tasks and improve their skills.
• Address errors and make necessary modifications as identified through QA processes.
• Prepare accurate documentation of websites and applications throughout the project lifecycle.
• Create user manuals and train clients on usage of WordPress back-end.
Required Skills & Experience:
• University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years of production programming experience.
• Advanced PHP & MySQL skills.
• Experience with Wordpress theme development, or a strong focus on CMS development.
• Cross-browser compatability with all major modern browsers: Chrome / IE / Firefox / Safari.
• Solid grasp of project development with git (or equivalent version control system)
• Basic experience with Apache and local development environments.
• Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges.
• Must be able to cope in a high-pressure team environment that also requires the ability to work independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines.
• Basic understanding of graphic design processes and tools (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
Additional Desirable Skills:
• Task automation (gulp, grunt)
• CSS Preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
• Package management (Composer, npm)
• Accessibility standards
• UX theory and best practices
• Linux webserver administration experience
• Familiarity with SSH and Linux command line
• Managing DNS and email services
• Familiarity with SEO best practices and web accessibility guidelines.
Please include the following with your application:
• Salary expectations
• List of recent projects URLs (noting scope and role)