We are all about developing creative solutions that we are proud of, and which are visually appealing and engaging, clearly communicate our client's key messages, and meet our client's business objectives. If this gets you motivated, engaged, and excited, then maybe you're the team player we are looking for.
At Pace Creative, we are focused on and passionate about creating valuable creative work that puts our customer’s business objectives first. It is important for our clients to be successful so that we can grow with them.
We are constantly challenging ourselves to evolve by pushing ourselves and our projects to a higher level. To do so, we need a Graphic Designer who will bring a consistent level of awesome to our team-centered boutique environment.
As one of Vancouver's fastest growing independently owned full-service communication and marketing agencies, we have built a reputation working with small and large businesses (mainly B2B) in Canada and worldwide. We specialize in content marketing, and top companies turn to us for help with strategy, branding, print, web, and digital services.
You will have a robust commitment to design excellence and the ability to connect business objectives with innovative, interactive, and clever design solutions. You are kind, friendly, and can collaborate with our team of producers, strategists, designers, and developers to create amazing work that clients are excited about, and users will engage with and want to share.
• Lead by example: inspire the rest of the team by giving precise, clear, and honest guidance while helping others produce their best work, on-time and on-budget.
• Set the tone and pace for projects: set a clear direction through compelling concepts and visual direction, as well as roll up your sleeves and get deep into design details. Take your concepts and make them real.
• Provide clear direction: to photographers and freelancers such as videographers and illustrators.
• Keep up with trends and best practices: improve your work consistently when it comes to design, content marketing, and digital marketing.
• Advocate for the role of the designer: across all areas of the company, work with project managers, strategists, and developers in a team environment, taking ultimate responsibility for all projects that you are involved in.
• Communicate with clients: nurture shared trust both through formal presentations and informal conversations.
• Collaboration: work closely with producers and strategists to implement strategies and support the overall growth and health of the design team.
Is Pace Creative the right fit for you?
• No egos. You are confident enough in yourself to stand for excellence in developing visual solutions. You are confident enough to acknowledge alternative points of view, be a kind yet inspiring team member, and know when to compromise for the greater good of the client, the project, and the team. You are the first in and last one out, without doing it on purpose.
• Patient and approachable. You are respectful and generous with your time and manage stress very well when faced with deadlines and pressures. You are never too busy to support those around you with generous ideas, tactful advice, or just a suggestion to help someone overcome a challenge.
• A clear vision. You have been involved in many, many successful web, branding, and digital projects, as well as application designs. You know what you want and can explain it with patience and conviction, building consensus through honest persuasion and confidence.
• Time Management. You know how to handle many different projects and tasks during the day perfectly and precisely so that you feel proud, satisfied, and fulfilled.
• Experienced, Dedicated, and Passionate. You are experienced and motivated to improve to be even more successful as a Graphic Designer.
o You look at typefaces on menus at restaurants, go to museums regularly, stare at buildings to appreciate their architecture, attend art and cultural events to get inspired, and go to plays to enjoy the stage, the acting, and overall production.
o You appreciate design for everything from web to social to print and turn big-picture business goals into effective campaigns and initiatives.
o You know about all the industry trends and know that there is a time and a place for everything.
• Master the tools and when to use them. Photoshop? Love it. Illustrator? In my sleep. InDesign? No problem. Pencil and paper? My favorite!
• Top-notch communication skills. Communication is a critical component of design, so your communication skills--written, verbal, and visual--are solid. You can articulate ideas and principles with clarity and precision, in a style that suits the purpose of the project and its context.
• Sense of humour. Life is too short to take yourself too seriously. You are relaxed but professional, casual but respectful. You come to work every day with a big smile and ready to have a good time.
• We are looking for someone who is looking to be part of our core team and to be a part of our agency for the long-term. This is not just another job.
• Our wages are competitive. Overtime is an exception, not the rule. We offer medical and dental benefits.
• Our open space working environment is in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
• Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, your onboarding and training will be done virtually.
Please include the following with your application:
If you are passionate about visual communication, results-oriented marketing, and design and have an interest in working in a highly productive and collaborative environment, we want to hear from you today. Please send your resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and portfolio (PDF or website) to recruiting [@] creativepace.com.