Web Design / Development
At Pace Creative, we are focused on and passionate about creating valuable creative work that puts our customer’s business objectives first. It is important for our clients to be successful so that we can grow with them.
We are all about developing creative solutions that we are proud of, and which are visually appealing and engaging, clearly communicate our client's key messages, and meet our client's business objectives. If this gets you motivated, engaged, and excited, then maybe you are the team player we are looking for.
We're constantly challenging ourselves to evolve by elevating our skills and projects to a higher level. To do so, we need a front-end developer who will bring a consistent level of awesome to our team-centered boutique environment.
As one of Vancouver's fastest growing independently owned full-service communication and marketing agencies, we have built a reputation working with small and large businesses (mainly B2B) in Canada and worldwide. We specialize in content marketing, and top companies turn to us for help with strategy, web, VR, apps, SEO, and digital services.
You will have a robust commitment to coding and programming excellence and the ability to connect business objectives with innovative, interactive, and clever online and web solutions. You are kind, friendly, and can collaborate with our team of producers, strategists, designers, and developers to create amazing work that clients are excited about, and that users will engage with and want to share.
You will work in-house on projects for external clients as well as internal projects. You will be expected to have the skills to take web projects from PSD to pixel perfect final release. This includes leveraging WordPress to create custom themed websites, developing standalone web tools, QA, and deployment.
· Lead by example: inspire the rest of the team by giving precise, clear, and honest guidance while helping others produce their best work, on-time and on-budget.
· Set the tone and pace for projects: develop online solutions that are pixel perfect final releases.
· Provide clear direction: guide producers and junior developers on your team.
· Keep up with trends and best practices: consistently improve your work when it comes to design, UI/UX, coding, testing, and website development.
· Advocate for the role of the developer: across all areas of the company, work with project managers, strategists, and designers in a team environment, taking ultimate responsibility for all development projects that you are involved in.
· Communicate with clients: nurture shared trust through formal presentations and informal conversations.
· Collaboration: work closely with producers and strategists to implement strategies and support the overall growth and health of the development team.
· Develop database-driven websites and applications, using a variety of languages, in a team setting.
· Estimate project timelines and costs based on non-technical descriptions.
· Contribute insights and ideas and effectively communicate project statuses and challenges.
· Collaborate with back-end and technical people to integrate back-end and front-end solutions.
· Address errors and make necessary modifications as identified through QA processes.
· Prepare accurate documentation of websites and applications throughout the project lifecycle.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
· 3 to 5 years of custom WordPress production programming experience.
· Advanced PHP & MySQL skills.
· A good understanding of object-oriented programming and relational data modeling.
· Strong knowledge of database design and implementation.
· Coding compliance with all major modern browsers: Chrome/IE/Firefox/Safari.
· Familiarity with SEO best practices and web accessibility guidelines.
· An understanding of Ajax.
· Basic understanding of graphic design processes and tools (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
· Basic experience with Apache.
· Mobile website experience is an asset.
· Experience with WordPress theme development is an asset.
· Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges.
· Must be able to cope in a high-pressure team environment as well as work independently.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads, and meet tight deadlines all while maintaining a sense of ownership and independence.
Is Pace Creative the right fit for you?
· No egos. You are confident enough in yourself to stand for excellence in development solutions. You are confident enough to acknowledge alternative points of view, be a kind yet inspiring team member, and know when to compromise for the greater good of the client, the project, and the team. You are the first in and last one out when it comes to ensuring the agency’s expectations are met.
· Patient and approachable. You are respectful and generous with your time and manage stress very well when faced with deadlines and pressures. You are never too busy to support those around you with generous ideas, tactful advice, or just a suggestion to help someone overcome a challenge.
· A clear vision. You have been involved in many, many successful web, digital, and application projects. You know what you want and can explain it with patience and conviction, building consensus through honest persuasion and confidence.
· Can-Do Attitude. No is never an option, and you confront each barrier with a solution and take it as an opportunity to learn.
· Time Management. You know how to handle many different projects and tasks during the day perfectly and precisely so that you feel proud, satisfied, and fulfilled.
· Experienced, Dedicated, and Passionate. You are constantly growing and motivated to improve, with the goal of becoming even more successful as a developer.
· Master the tools and when to use them. Photoshop? Love it. jQuery? No problem. WordPress? My favorite!
· Top-notch communication skills. Communication is a critical component of development, so your communication skills--written, verbal, and visual--are solid. You can articulate ideas and principles with clarity and precision, in a style that suits the purpose of the project and its context.
· Sense of humour. Life is too short to take yourself too seriously. You are relaxed but professional, casual but respectful. You come to work every day with a big smile and ready to have a good time.
• We are looking for someone who is looking to be part of our core team and to be a part of our agency for the long-term. This is not just another job, it’s a career.
• Our wages are competitive. Overtime is an exception, not the rule. We offer medical and dental benefits.
• Our open space working environment is in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
• Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, your onboarding and training will be done virtually.
Please include the following with your application:
If you are passionate about development and results-oriented marketing and have an interest in working in a highly productive and collaborative environment, we want to hear from you today. Please send your resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and portfolio (PDF or website) to recruiting [@] creativepace.com.